My Wedding Plans

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

wedding day continued

Sorry took so long...things been crazy here.

So thursday all we did was run around pretty much. we packed chicken's car to the limits with all the reception and wedding stuff we could. Stopped off briefly at my friends Chuck and Church's house to drop off the laptop and show him how to use it (my DJ) and i lost a nail while I was there. No biggie cuz I happened to have some press on french manicure nails at hime I glued on later...almost couldn't tell. Church had twins almost a year ago and it was the first time I saw them. I picked up Nathan and he just put his little arms around me and lay his head in the crook of myneck and didn't want to let go. He was so cute! It was some much needed calm and love in the midst of all my craziness. I think he sensed that. What a good little kid!

We made it to the park for rehersal by 5pm. I told everyone between 5 and 5:30pm so people were just starting to arrive. That was good. Joel and Aunt Sue and my dad and Denise and then here comes this crazy hippie person with long curly hair walking towards me....it's JAYSON!!!! I totally didn't recognize him until he got closer! What's funny is Velisia didn't recognize him until he started to speak during the run thru of the ceremony. And she was standing about 2 feel away from him. lol

We had to wait to people to show up for the rehersal. Should have been a clue to what was going to happen on the day but I was being optomistic.We finally got a run thru around 6pm with music and the ceremony and the traditions and everyutthing and it was great. We didn't have time for another run thru due to dinner reservations at Los galanes courtesy of my brother so we all hopped into our cars, me with chicken and everyone following us, and headed to mexicantown. yummy yummy food! Great conversations. start of being frantic trying to talk to people.

After dinner we went to the reception hall to decorate. At first it was just me chicken and Jayson waiting until the karate people were done. Once done we brought everything in from chicken's car and moved tables around.People started showing up closer to 10pm. We moved tables around and set up chairs. got tablecloths on the tables. put together champagne glasses (which angie and chicken were brilliant and superglued them all together) got all the little knick knacks on the tables (maracas, shotglasses, almonds, mints in the shotglasses, champagne glasses) and the centerpieces and candles. I actually came up with more candles than I needed, which was a good thing. Strung lights up. Put all the bar stuff @ the bar for the bartender to do with as she would. We were done by 12:30am almost exactly. It was beautiful! I loved it!

So we race home and finish last minute stuff. The wedding rice in bags (chicken did) I still working on Jayson's scarf and the hour long fight with our computers to get the wedding programs done. My computer doesn't have word or works or anything on it, so we took chicken's computer and tried plugging in the printer but they wouldn't talk to each other, so she finally ended up making the template and converting to adobe and sending it to me to print...it was beautiful!!!! Around 4:30am the rice was done, the programs were done and the scarf was done...so we went to sleep for about 4 hours.

To be continued...theyr'e here to deliver my washing machine *YAY*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home