My Wedding Plans

Monday, May 08, 2006

My wedding Day

There's so much more to blog aboutbesides the wedding day. I had a whirlwind week.

Saturday I had to work the Elk's club in Livonia. Because of scheduling etc i had to go to kevin's work early and hang out until time for me to go to work. I was working on Jayson's scarf and stressing aobut the DJ situation. Kyle came over and volunteered to DJ if he could get Friday off. That was cool...but I was a little stressed cuz Kyle isn't the most reliable of guys. I've know him for years. So Theresa is there working Saturday and I tell her what's going on with the wedding DJ and she reminds me taht Chuck, whom is already coming to the wedding, is a DJ/KJ and prolly could use the money and would like it better than just being there anyway. So I call him and he says SURE! YAY!!! DJ problem solved!

Sunday we met our photographer at Elizabeth Park to take some "engagement" photos. He was wonderful. I found him on craigslist. His name was Jim. He was great! I loved him. Kevin loved him. And our pics...in spite of dealing with two hungover people that looked like crap...looked beautiful! I'll get some of those up as soon as I can.

Monday Kevin got the marriage license from downtown Detroit. He told me he started shaking when they handed it to him. I laughed at him...until he handed it to me and I got a tight feeling in my chest and found it hard to breathe. Not good. We also went down to pay for the hall and sort out the final details there. And tried to clean up for chicken's coming into town. We also got the last of the things we needed for the wedding...champagne for the toast and mixers for the liquor.

Tuesday Heather got here around 7pm. Before she got in I took Kevin to work and I went to get my hair done where Karyn works (she paid for it...wedding gift) They did a great job! She gave me pretty red highlights and gave me a trim. Then I went and got a Mystic tan. That was interesting. You slather parts of yourself with lotion like around your finger and toe nails and a tiny bit on your elbows and knees. Then you get into a big blue box nekkid except for your undies. Push a big green button and these 3 nozzels start spraying you from head to toe to head again. Small stop where you turn around and they spray the back of you. You have to be careful not to spray the palms of your hands. I accidentally did but was able to wash that off with a brillo pad (no kidding) later that night. Unfortunately my feet were half tanned because i put my shoes on immediately after the tane and so part of the spray got pushed off. That is important for later on in the week. Then I took our laundry to the landromat down the street from our house cuz our washer broke. not cool. Altho it was nice to wash all the clothes at once and have everything done in an hour instead of the same amount of laundry taking all day here at home.

So Chicken got here around 7pm. We got her inside the house and then headed to Kevin's restaurant for dinner where Kyle waited on us. Kyle was the worst waiter ever. And to top it all off, he was hitting on Heather. Yeah...that's just what she needed. We waited so long for him to come over and wait on us I ended up calling Kevin on my phone and giving him our order lol. Kyle was like "oh so that's how it is. You just call the chef directly for your order?" Ummm...when we wait 15 minutes for you? yea! He was absolutely useless. Kevin even brought the food out to us. I love him!

They also had karaoke there Tuesday so I sang a couple songs. I entered the contest for a prize of a Shanahan's gift certificate (like I need one lol) but we left before they announced the winner. Met Kevin @ The Box for a couple drinks and came home watched TV and chatted until around 3am (way too late)

Wednesday began the whirlwind final countdown. We went to the place my gf normally goes for her mani/pedi but they only had 2 people working and there were 4 people in front of us. So we drove down to Angie's and figured we'd find something on the way. We did. We got in and immediately got me in a chair for my nails and Heather in a chair for the pedicure. They did a great job on her! And they did a great job on my nails...but my pedicure was another story. She was trying to even out the tan on my feet and she just kept scrubbing really hard. I didn't realize a pedi didn't hurt and just gritted my teeth. Turns out I should have said something. When she stopped scrubbing we discovered she had scrubbed skin right off my feet. Looked like two big giant rig burns on my tops of my feet. The rest of my foot was beautiful! She apologized. I didn't feel like complaining and paid the full amount (i know I"m stupid). We went to walmart to get some last minute stuff to make tissue paper flowers and stood in line for like 20 minutes for the express lane. Then over to Angie's to make flowers where we recruited everyone that was there. It was so much fun! Pizza, beer and friends. What more do you need? Altho I didn't have any beer....just water. afterwards we went up to Kevin's restaurant to talk to Theresa who wanted to help us do stuff...so i gave her the cake topper to deliver to Hazel on Thursday. 1 beer there before we head home and work on fringing the bridesmaids shawls (i am such a procratinator) until we couldn't see straight and then it was time for sleep.

To Be Continued. My shoulder is starting to hurt and I have to work on the boxes of wedding crap taking over my house. *hugs*

3 Comments:

  • At Monday, May 08, 2006 7:50:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you double posted :P

    ~lazy ghostie

     
  • At Tuesday, May 23, 2006 9:10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The whole wedding sounds like it was not planned out very well and as usual, "its everyone else's fault". There were about 2 years to plan this wedding and no excuses for all these problems accept lack of effort and dependency on others money as usual. Its almost like reading a bad comedy.

     
  • At Tuesday, May 23, 2006 1:26:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Actually Jazzy planned this out VERY well. In every wedding, there are always things that happen that you wish you could change. I wish I would have gotten my bridesmaids better gifts, I wish we wouldnt have blown a fuse during the first dance. You cant help everything and yes, somethings just arent as important to deal with at the time.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home